NATION RADIO - JUNE 4, 2011

NationRadio
June 06 2011 02:14PM

The Vancouver Canucks are two games up in the Stanley Cup Finals. The Winnipeg Jets are closer to taking the ice and potentially making them selves an instant contender for a playoff run. And still stalwart Oilers fans like the one above find a way to continue to represent.

Big ups to @NHL_imagineer for the dope picture and @seancollins11 for being such a hardcore dude and being in the picture.

It's NationRadio.

Segment 1

The incomperable Jonathan Willis from OilersNation swings past to discuss his thoughts on the 2011 Entry Draft.

Segment 2

Blue Bullet Brad - a legendary poster at HFBoards - makes an appearance to discuss his thoughts on the 2011 Entry Draft.

Segment 3

Ian Walker from the Vancouver Sun discusses the Vancouver Canucks 2011 Playoff Run and the impact it is having in Vancouver.

Segment 4

David Staples from the Cult of Hockey over at the Edmonton Journal talks Oilers business and the new Downtown Arena.

Segment 5

Kent Wilson from FlamesNation.ca discusses the Oilers and the Flames in the offseason.

Segment 6

Jeff Krushell Krush Sports Performance – Combine talk and what tests really mean

Full Podcast

3d50040a624eb33c8637c3306f09eddc
NationRadio can be heard live on Saturdays from 12-2 PM on the Team 1260 featuring the explicit sounds of DJ Lowetide and his lineup of Allstar guests.Follow us on Twitter: @itsnationradio
#1 Soft Hands McSteeley - FIST Movement
June 06 2011, 02:20PM

#BOOM

FIST

WOW LOOK AT THIS KID GO

#2 Ales Hallsky
June 06 2011, 02:26PM

That girl looks like she wants an oil drop on her cheek. MUHAHAHAHAHA.

#3 Soft Hands McSteeley - FIST Movement
June 06 2011, 02:30PM

NATION RADIO IS MY FAVORITE SATURDAY AFTERNOON ACTIVITY!!

#4 Michael
June 06 2011, 03:07PM

Why are we talking with Flames fans..

#5 hemsky humper
June 06 2011, 03:11PM

the girl in that picture is so hot and ready. she loves the bad boy.

epic picture.

#6 Wanye
June 06 2011, 03:16PM
hemsky humper wrote:

the girl in that picture is so hot and ready. she loves the bad boy.

epic picture.

SPICY

A classic moment frozen in time to be sure.

#7 Soft Hands McSteeley - FIST Movement
June 06 2011, 03:54PM
Soft Hands McSteeley - FIST Movement wrote:

NATION RADIO IS MY FAVORITE SATURDAY AFTERNOON ACTIVITY!!

IN FACT, I RECENTLY TOOK OUT MY AIR HOCKEY-COFFEE TABLE SO THAT I WOULD HAVE MORE ROOM FOR ACTIVITIES

#8 Soft Hands McSteeley - FIST Movement
June 06 2011, 03:54PM
Soft Hands McSteeley - FIST Movement wrote:

NATION RADIO IS MY FAVORITE SATURDAY AFTERNOON ACTIVITY!!

Edit: oh the awkward double post.

#9 Gman
June 06 2011, 04:17PM

I know the guy in that pic, I had to check his FB to make sure hahaha.

#10 Sean Collins
June 06 2011, 04:56PM

THIS IS ME!

Oilers Nation fame is what I've always dreamed of. Any other Oil fans out here in Van, hit me up on twitter so we can cause ruckus @seancollins11

Ps. that girl totes wants to bone....

#11 hemsky humper
June 06 2011, 05:06PM

Well you, sir are my hero. I made this in your honour:

#12 Wanye
June 06 2011, 05:20PM
Sean Collins wrote:

THIS IS ME!

Ps. that girl totes wants to bone....

Gives himself a twitter shout out, calls out girl wanting to bone.

COMMENT APPROVED

#13 Wanye
June 06 2011, 05:25PM
hemsky humper wrote:

Well you, sir are my hero. I made this in your honour:

I have hijacked your photo and placed an oilersnation logo on it. If there is anything you want to promote - twitter name etc - send me a new version and i'll put it up.

WELL PLAYED

#14 michael
June 06 2011, 05:46PM

thank god for AM radio. Can't stand 99% of the crap that most of the radios play on the FM dial. I love NationRadio on Saturdays.Doin my chores on my Honey Do list and listening to Nation Radio at the same time. If i am going to spend my afternoon outside its the best way to past the time. You get to an age(46) where going to the bar and gettin wasted is just a waste of time. My son(8) and I do our stuff and its nice to listen to Nation Radio.Keep up the good work and I'll be on the dial at 1200 sharp every Saturday.

#15 Wäx Män Riley
June 06 2011, 05:53PM

Great Job on the picture!

"Will that chick still wear her jersey when The Canucks are in last place?"

The answer, I am sure is NO! And neither will any of those fairweather, bandwagon-jumping, faux-Van Fans in that pic.

Which is why I will cheer Boston until the end of time ... or the end of the series... whichever comes first.

#16 Soft Hands McSteeley - FIST Movement
June 06 2011, 07:34PM
hemsky humper wrote:

Well you, sir are my hero. I made this in your honour:

PROPS!!

#17 hemi
June 06 2011, 09:19PM

Without a doubt, a great picture! The Oil's PR team should negotiate and use this pic. Give our true blue Oiler fan a few bucks, two season tickets for being AWESOME! Go Oil Go

#18 -30-
June 06 2011, 09:19PM

Old news... too bad it's posted so late :(

#19 Hemsky Humper
June 06 2011, 10:13PM
Wanye wrote:

WELL PLAYED

It's all yours man!! Love that you guys like the addition. I am NHL_Imagineer on twitter if anyone cares.

#20 Wanye
June 06 2011, 10:26PM
Hemsky Humper wrote:

I care you magnificent SOB. Consider me one of your hardest core followers on the twitterz

#21 Wanye
June 06 2011, 10:29PM
-30- wrote:

Old news... too bad it's posted so late :(

You again. Do you want to be in charge of posting these files? I would gladly hand you the title Sir/Madam/Robot - with your unrelenting pressure.

#22 jeanshorts
June 06 2011, 10:35PM

Who knew that all it took to connect with other ex-pat Alberta brethren living in Vancouver was the Canucks to make it to the finals!

#ThisIsHellOnEarth #CopperAndBlueTillIDie #HashtagJokes

#23 @Oilanderp
June 06 2011, 11:49PM
michael wrote:

Cmon Dad I thought you said you would stay off here *huge pout*

p.s I'd love to have an appropriate comment here LT but this episode is obsolete: Chicago was eliminated some time ago and also Math was used even before that.

P.P.S. No to trading Mike Krushelniski!

#24 PatrickLaBelle
June 07 2011, 01:13AM

big ups to me for taking this awesome pic for my man Sean! -just saying.

#25 pelhem grenville
June 07 2011, 05:44AM

JW ...re: you new avatar

you said something to the affect that Lowtide said something on Saturday...this has a direct correlation to why there's a black man w/ a butt in his mouth spotted in at your avatar space... i listened to your interview segment of OR and heard no reference to said avatar switch-a-roo...

i need clarification ... it's makin' me crazier

#26 David S
June 07 2011, 11:21AM

Hey! There's nothing wrong with a good butt.