Fresh Blood Unveiled

Pension Plan Puppets
March 16 2012 10:53AM

It seems like ages ago - the Leafs were in a playoff spot, Ron Wilson was still the coach, and Phil Kessel wasn't on the trading block - but TheLeafsNation started to look for new contributors. We had a surprisingly big response and over February the potential contributors submitted three stories.

I was hoping to find one new contributor but...

It turns out that I found five. This group will play a part in providing better coverage of the Leafs and helping TheLeafsNation grow past those jerks at CanucksArmy and FlamesNation and JetsNation. Without further ado, the new contributors:

• Ryan Fancey @rfancey3
  • Matt Stephen @mattystephen
  • Andrew Bates @SilverFoxTO
  • Matt Wright @MattWright9
  • John Lofranco @jtlinmtl

These guys will be joining JP Nikota, Danny Gray, and myself covering the Leafs while Greg Thomson and Jeff Veillette will focus on the Leafs' prospects and the Marlies. And as always, Cam Charron and Jonathan Willis will drop in from time to time to supplement our efforts. That's a hell of a team. I feel like Brian Burke. But Anaheim Brian Burke not Toronto Brian Burke.

Anyway, follow the new guys on Twitter and thanks for reading.

9afbe0493939e439816e9acd97d61623
This space for rent.
#1 SkinnyFish
March 16 2012, 10:55AM

When do we get to the hazing? That's all I care about.

#2 Ryan Fancey
March 16 2012, 11:00AM

That picture is insane.

#3 John Lofranco
March 16 2012, 11:10AM

I feel like this is a little like being named to the crew of the Titanic, but, hey, I've been a Leaf fan all my life, why should this season be any different?

Looking forward to providing the words people read between their tears. And hopefully one day cheers...One day.

#4 A. Bates
March 16 2012, 11:30AM

Thanks for the welcome! Looking forward to writing here. My twitter is @thesilvefoxto though. PPP always forgets the "the". Maybe I should drop it...

#5 They're $hittie
March 16 2012, 02:22PM

Burke needs to go! Ego, Stubborn and Stupid! Kadri, nuff said.

#6 Turnoner
March 17 2012, 09:15AM

Kessel will be traded. Get ready to pump Ovechkins tires. He's coming to Toronto.

#7 They're $hittie
March 17 2012, 09:50AM

@Turnoner

you would rather spend 10M guarenteed dollars per year on ovechkin than 5 or so on kessel who is not long term and still needs to fight for his pay.

Terrible.