Nation Radio - March 3, 2012

NationRadio
March 03 2012 05:33PM

Sometimes we go for a much wider view here on OilersNation Radio. We invite guests who write about other teams and players from around the league. We think it makes us seem somehow more refined, more cosmopolitan...

Not this week baby. It's pretty much all Edmonton, all the time. Allan talks with a numbers of influencial Edmonton bloggers on a variety of topics including advanced stats, Ales Hemsy and the recent Gilbert trade.

This is Nation Radio.

Segment 1

Pat McLean of the ever popular Black Dogs Hates Skunks blog talks the Hemsky signing, Sheldon Souray, Tom Gilbert and Maple Leafs coaching.

Segment 2

In part two this week, David Staples of the Cult of Hockey reports from the MIT Sloan Sports Analytics conference.

Segment 3

Dennis King of MC79hockey drops by to discuss Hemsky's value to the Oilers, Jordan Eberle and to add his perspective to the Gilbert swap.

Segment 4

Dennis' blogmate Tyler "Toronto Lawyer" Dellow adds his thoughts on advanced stats, Eberle, Gilbert and Leafs coaching.

Segment 5

Rod Peterson, former PbP voice of the Regins Pats (and current voice of the Rough Riders) talks Marincin, the WHL and the possibility of NHL in the Sashatchewan.

Segment 6

Allan goes solo and shares his thoughts on defense.

Full

The whole two hours.

3d50040a624eb33c8637c3306f09eddc
NationRadio can be heard live on Saturdays from 12-2 PM on the Team 1260 featuring the explicit sounds of DJ Lowetide and his lineup of Allstar guests.Follow us on Twitter: @itsnationradio
#1 Big Perm
March 03 2012, 05:45PM

All Edmonton baby!

Also: Fist!

#2 yawto
March 03 2012, 05:45PM

So what you are saying.is that this.is the fist all Edmonton nation radio?

#3 Smokey
March 03 2012, 07:20PM

Saskatchewan Saskaquatch hockey club. One day the homeland will be deserving on a NHL team, but they need a stadium first.

#4 geoilersgist
March 03 2012, 07:55PM

Same day and the radio is up? Gregors wedding this weekend too is the world going to end this year?

#5 Lowetide
March 03 2012, 08:10PM

lol. I have to say this was a very enjoyable episode. Lots of fun stuff.

#6 The Tik
March 03 2012, 08:37PM

It's Pedersen, not Peterson and he should be the Oilers radio play-by-play guy. He did a hell of a job doing the World Juniors.

#7 A-Mc
March 03 2012, 10:05PM

During that advanced stats section all i was thinking was "please, id figure it out No problem"

But then i realized i was several lucky extra into the night. #powerofbeer

I enjoyed the show!

Im a little surprised everyone was against the gilbert trade but to be honest im not sure i was lookin at gilbert closely enough anyway.

My one hope is that nick brings something to the dressing room That the team needs, and that is the major bonus to bringing him in.

I must say i was proud of our fans when shultz got a good cheer the first time he handled the puck in oiler silks.

#8 JJ
March 04 2012, 09:22AM

The Oilers have jumped the shark.

#9 Great ones
March 04 2012, 09:30AM

I think advanced stats can be a good tool for Oilers brass but from the segment on it sounds like there is some work to be done.

#10 Dave
March 04 2012, 09:45AM

I've lost patience, I wish I could fast forward the season maybe to the year 2014 and then see where the Oilers are.

#11 Goat Girl
March 04 2012, 04:09PM

Seriously fix the streaming it always cuts out on me.

#12 Wanyes bastard child
March 04 2012, 05:40PM
Goat Girl wrote:

Seriously fix the streaming it always cuts out on me.

Seriously, fix your connection, it always works fine for me.

#13 freeze
March 05 2012, 10:32AM

I can't seem to get the episodes to play. They cut out after 5 minutes or so. The podcast isn't updating in iTunes either. My connection is fine. Bummer.

To get passed the stream issue I right-clicked and saved the full mp3 of the episode. That seemed to work....

#14 jonrmcleod
March 07 2012, 01:36PM

I can't get the episodes to play either. They start but stop after about 10 seconds.

#15 Chris
March 13 2012, 09:17PM

Very interesting show guys. Good job as usual