NATIONDRAFTS BEGINS TODAY

Wanye
October 08 2013 05:42PM

In the continued effort to move the Nation Network into fantasy gaming and continue raising money for charities at the same time our second game - the ol' reliable NationDraft player box game - begins today. For only $20 you should totally sign up here!

A FAMILIAR GAME FOR ALL

We have been running this game for a long time and you may have seen it on the Nation Network before. You may have seen it elsewhere too. Perhaps you have even won a game like this somewhere or other.

Well can you do it again? It's only 20 bucks why not win again rather than living in the past like a former High School Football player who still wears his faded letterman jacket at the age of 43.

Basically you take a look at 4 palyers in a box and decide who is going to be the leading scorer. Who will outscore whom? Ovechkin or Crosby? Eberle vs someone who won't outscore Eberle?

Think you know? You Sir/Madam are a genius.

Totally sign up here!

PRIZES FOR DAYS

If we are asking you to sign up for something for $20 beans obviously you are gonna win some sweet stuff should you snatch victory from the jaws of defeat.

In this instance we are playing for the following:

1st - $1000 prepaid Visa card

2nd - $500 prepaid Visa card

3rd - $300 prepaid Visa card

4th - $100 prepaid Visa card

5th to 20th - One of The Pint, Oodle Noodle, or iTunes gift cards worth $30

21st to 30th - A NationGear t-shirt in your choice of size

The season will end at the Olympic Break and then the swag will rain down on the winners.

Totally sign up here!

WHY BOTHER PLAYING?

Because a portion of the proceeds of NationDrafts will go to our good friends at Earth Group.

"In 2011, Earth Group donations helped WFP provide nearly 200,000 meals to children in school. It is The Earth Group’s mandate to give 100% of our net profits from the sale of our water, coffee & tea products, to the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) to support their global fight against hunger through school meal programmes.

‘Earth Group’s support could not have come at a better time for children in Kenya. We are currently reaching 680,500 children with a daily school meal and all the support counts to make a difference in the lives of school children affected by the worst drought in 60 years. Thank you Earth Group for making a difference!’ Rose Ogola, Public Information Officer, WFP Kenya."

We sell Earth Group water at Oodle Noodle and we try and make donations to this awesome cause as often as we can. So help us out and play NationDrafts, win some dope prizes, help charity and the good karma generated will lead to your favourite team surely winning the Cup this year.

Unless you cheer for the Flames. Ain't no good karma in the universe gonna help you cats this year.

Totally sign up here!

09049f03ecb006ab29372206f2a88f75
#2 Todd
October 08 2013, 07:20PM

Can you clarify what "a portion of the proceeds" goes to charity means. This should be clearly stated on the signup page, but I don't see it anywhere.

#3 Harlie
October 08 2013, 05:48PM

Oodle Noodle! Show us your crack! My deck is bigger than yours! Hey guys, are you over 30...?

And Nation Draft?

Boom...I gotta get in*

* That's what he said.

#4 I tried it at home
October 09 2013, 12:57PM

Bottled water is a scam, not to mention a source of non-biodegradable litter in bottles and caps. I was actually interested until I saw the "earth group water" article. Also, as a former member of the Canadian Forces, I refuse to support any UN fund raiser. The UN does NOT lack for funds. What it lacks is oversight and accountability on where those funds go. Not very PC, I know, but facts rarely are.

#5 chris
October 08 2013, 08:52PM

For all things awesome checkout the you tube video (Ref Says "You Can't Do That" to Shawn Horcoff)

#6 SouthernDave
October 08 2013, 06:26PM

I'm in!!!

I won one of these about 20 years ago so LOOK OUT!

#7 The Towel Boy
October 09 2013, 10:53AM

The Minister of Draft approves this message.

#9 SmellOfVictory
October 09 2013, 12:14PM

Thanks! NationDrafts are my favourite drafts. (feel free to use this quote in a high-powered advertisement)

Are you using any partners for this from a dissemination perspective? I seem to recall one with Hudsons a few years back that looked like it had good exposure from an outsider's perspective.

#10 Monaertchi Gaudnett
October 09 2013, 12:59PM

Isn't Earth Group the fake charity Costanza told people he donated to in their name for christmas one year?

Just kidding, I'm sure they're legit.

#11 Hall of a Player
October 09 2013, 01:38PM
Monaertchi Gaudnett wrote:

Just kidding, I'm sure they're legit.

That would be the Human Fund. That was gold, Jerry...pure gold!!

#12 Kent Wilson
October 09 2013, 01:48PM

@SmellOfVictory

Not this time around as far as I know, but it's always an option we're looking at.

#13 Todd
October 09 2013, 05:31PM
Wanye wrote:

Fair question homie!

So far all of these games lose money so we have been subsidizing all of the prizes and still make donations to the charities on behalf of the game. Once they get a bit more traction we will move to a set percentage of revenue and publish those numbers.

WE AINT SHADY I PROMISE

Thanks.

#14 Spydyr
October 09 2013, 08:10PM

Why no paypal?

#15 book¡e
October 10 2013, 12:24AM
I tried it at home wrote:

Yes, next time you are thinking about having some bottled water, please drink Coke or beer or something else because those are not scams or harmful to the environment!

Other than the fact that you were a former member of the Canadian Forces who may have encountered some UN missions, what is your expertise on UN missions such as the World Food Program?

My experience is that some groups (such as UNICEF) are run very well, whereas others seem to be less so. With that noted, I don't know about the WFP. I am sure there are external audits and other measures of their effectiveness.

I could care less if you were PC, what I care about is that when you are going to take pot shots at people working to help others, that you undertake due diligence before doing so. The people at Earth Water seem to be helping others and it looks like a few dollars from those of us with nothing better to do than play hockey pools will go towards a good cause.

If you have a better charity suggestion, perhaps you can forward those suggestions to Wanye or Kent. Doing so would be more productive than complaining.