Come Watch Hockey With Us!

Jeff Veillette (Jeffler)
October 09 2013 10:12AM

Do you like the Toronto Maple Leafs? Do you like hanging out with people? Do you like free food? If you answered no to all three of these questions, you're either being a jerk, or the rest of this post isn't for you.

If you said YES to all three of these ideas, or at least one or two of them with enough strength to overwhelm the ones that you don't, I have an invitation to drop off to somebody who reads this:

WHO: A randomly selected user who accepts our 'catch' (see below) and one person they choose to bring with them.

WHAT: You and a friend, if you wish (I assume you do if you're entering) will come watch Saturday's Leafs Game at Boston Pizza with myself (sorry) and fellow TLN writer / header image model Justin Fisher (not sorry). We'll try to drag Steve out after he's done working down the street at CBC. Maybe we'll get the other writers on Facetime or Skype or Snapchat or whatever the cool kids are using today.

Food and drinks are on us, as long as you don't order a mountain of Pizza Burgers and douse them in six bottles of vodka.

WHEN: Saturday, October 12th at 7:00PM. We'll be watching Leafs vs. Oilers, so expect me to say approximately 246 things about Dallas Eakins.

WHERE: Boston Pizza at 250 Front Street. It's walking distance from Union Station, and means we should be surrounded by plenty of other Leafs fans after the game, conveniently being played down the street.

WHY: It's free food, Leafs hockey, and the ability to tell me to shut up repeatedly in person. What more do you want?

THE CATCH:  To enter, you need to do the following things:

• Retweet this tweet. After all, we'd like the word spread about this a bit.
  • Leave a comment on this post with your Twitter username.
  • Optional, but its encouraged that you follow The Leafs Nation, Justin, and myself on Twitter if you don't already. Boston Pizza too, since they'll be the hosts of this whole thing.

There's no age limit on this one, though you should probably expect to be carded if you look 15 and demand bottle service.

THE WINNER: Will be chosen at noon (Toronto time) on Friday. If they don't confirm they'll be coming by 7PM, a new winner will be picked, And if they don't confirm they'll be coming by 3PM Saturday, well... we'll have a problem. Don't make this happen.

Good Luck!

7cb905bdffc4d09e93770ff4a1889462
I bring news about the Toronto Marlies, opinions about the Toronto Maple Leafs, and a bunch of ridiculous thoughts about everything else.
#1 SteveDangleEgo
October 09 2013, 10:26AM

Steve_dangleego

#2 Poluza
October 09 2013, 12:28PM

Hmm, pizza and maple leafs... or seeing my friend who's back from going to school in the States... Sign me up! @JameyPalmer

(I'm not a complete jerk, he'd be my +1 :P)

#3 Dakoda
October 09 2013, 12:56PM

Free food? Leafs talk? Fancy stats? Selfies? I'm in. @djsannen

#4 DevinStillman
October 10 2013, 09:23PM

Free food and drinks, get to meet Jeffler and Justin? Sounds sick. @DevinStillman15

#5 Brittany
October 11 2013, 08:31AM

@brittcrowderr My boyfriend is easily your biggest fan (and the biggest TML fan) and I would be the best girlfriend on he planet if I won this for him :)

#6 furcifer
October 09 2013, 10:17AM

Free food and drinks. Sounds good. @CarcelMousineau

#7 bobbycappucino
October 09 2013, 10:22AM

more like toronto pizza amirite guys??? @bobbycappucino

#8 ScottT81
October 09 2013, 10:27AM

Sweet sounds like fun @ScottT81

#9 Adrian
October 09 2013, 10:59AM

Sure, I'd like a free meal. Oh, and meeting you guys sounds cool, too. @NoNickAdrian

#10 FakeGlasses
October 09 2013, 11:19AM

I like sports like I like my sports; sports. @FakeGlasses

#11 BayStParade
October 09 2013, 02:05PM

I say everyone else that doesn't win should just go anyway and we'll form a losers table, most likely uncomfortably close to the winners table. @THCannada

#12 Justin Fisher
October 09 2013, 02:26PM

Oh hey wow what a cool picture I am definitely wanting in on this contest @THEJUSTINFISHER

#13 SarahK
October 09 2013, 02:30PM

Love the Leafs! Love BP & Beers! I already follow you all on Twitter! Even had @Steve_Dangle meet me & my girlfriends at a bar, via twitter invite :) In my opinion, it's looking like a pretty easy choice... @sarah_k002

#14 wallnerr
October 09 2013, 02:35PM

is it cool if i tell justin to shut up instead? @wallnerr

#15 Ryan
October 10 2013, 12:05PM

This sounds like a fine Toronto Saturday night. @hiroshiryan

#16 Mike Willigenburg
October 10 2013, 09:06PM

Aaaahhhhhh!!! Proud member Leafs Nation!!!! I met Steve dangle at Maple Leaf Square at game 7, got a pic! What a beaut! Would love to go to the game!! Fingers crossed. @mike_willigenbu

Cheers

#17 Brittany
October 11 2013, 08:33AM

@Brittany

the planet**

#18 Jeremy Collins
October 11 2013, 09:06AM

@Djeremycollins93

#19 Melis
October 11 2013, 09:09AM

I thought about it, and I guess Jeffler kinda owes me for the good luck beers I bought him during the playoffs, sooooo... @melisusthewee