LFR6 - Game 13 - JVRn't you glad he's a Leaf?

Steve Dangle
February 12 2013 10:50AM

JVR is a Leaf now and that makes me happy. In other news, OMG IS REIMER HURT?!?!?!

Post Game Blog: http://bit.ly/VR4NVu
Leafs Thoughts with pro scout Gus Katsaros: http://bit.ly/14QrmKh
Steve's Twitter/Steve's Facebook

6b6884e175cda86e6828bab0537236ad
Steve Dangle has a YouTube channel with millions of views, is the co-host of the Steve Dangle Podcast on iTunes and SoundCloud, and is a secret agent for Sportsnet. Steve has also worked for CBC, the NHL Network, Leafs TV, Nike, the KHL, and most of all, the Toronto Zoo. What a goof.
The LeafsNation News

* indicates required
#1 bmcraw1
February 12 2013, 11:33AM

If Reimer is out 4 weeks. I would stick with Scrivens in net.

#2 BleedBlue
February 12 2013, 11:34AM

i really dont know.. what do you really do if your Nonis right now? I dont think i would go after luongo right now. Both goalies are pretty Hot. and the way Scrviens finished off that game. i have confidence that he can step up to the plate and take advantage of the situation. As for Holzner.. first time offender,so i guess the 5 and a game is good enough.

#3 Joey
February 12 2013, 12:34PM

I feel a bit nervous about Scrivens starting. Then again, I felt a bit nervous about both goalies at the beginning of the season, and Reimer didn't let me down, so I think I'm actually fine with Scrivens filling in for Reimer until Reimer is healthy again. From the start, I never really cared which one started, as long as the Leafs CHOSE one as a starter, for good, instead of cycling between two goalies all the time.

I hope Holzer does get suspended. If he doesn't, I hope he gets scratched next game. What a dumb, unnecessary hit. If he were a more important player, a stern talking (yelling) to would do, but he isn't, so throw Komisarek in for a game. Let Holzer know that he has the potential to be more of a liability than an asset to the team.

#4 Alex
February 12 2013, 03:37PM

#5 Michael Szymanski
February 12 2013, 04:38PM

Truthfully, maybe Nonnis should sign a free agent goalie to a cheap conract? Maybe Huet or Roloson or something? Just to weather the storm without Reimer

#6 Ben Wilson
February 13 2013, 09:40AM

In the post game Carlyle was asked who would have gone in if Scrivens had gone down, as it has to be a skater. Carlyle laughed and had no answer.

Steve, do you have an answer to that question? Can you think of any actual NHL occurrences where a forward or defensemen played goalie in a game?