LFR6 - Game 18 - Ruff Go for Buffalo

Steve Dangle
February 22 2013 12:56PM

The Leafs take advantage of the new-look Buffalo Sabres. Speaking of which, who the hell are the Buffalo Sabres?

The Punk Test: http://bit.ly/SMCjcV
Post Game Blog: http://bit.ly/YrC4kA
Steve's Twitter / Steve's Facebook

6b6884e175cda86e6828bab0537236ad
#1 Brian Thomas
February 22 2013, 01:16PM

It's gotta be Kessel and lupul. Because lupul will get Kessel scoring again! I like JVR but not as much as lupul there!

#2 Joel
February 22 2013, 01:48PM

@Brian Thomas

Brian, people keep talking about Kessel scoring and scoring and scoring AND...seriously...stop. Sure, it's awesome when Kessel snipes a goal. I jump up and yell, and I end up waking up the kids. But I absolutely LOVE this other side of him. He's a play-maker? He's playing defense? He's back-checking? He's a different player!!! This is the Kessel the Leafs want. The guy shoots a lot and should have more goals, so the goals will come. Don't simply say Lupal should be put back with Kessel so he can score! Are you kidding me? The goals will come, it's not like he's not getting shots. With Lupal or JVR, this is a different Kessel. This is the Kessel the Leafs should've had all along. (And if the Leafs keep winning, and Kessel's putting up assists, then who cares)

#3 Scotty
February 22 2013, 03:25PM

Lupul AND JVR

#4 Vik
February 22 2013, 03:44PM

@Joel

Exactly Joel, the plays that he has set up are as good as scoring the goals himself. Plus, like Joe Bowen said last night, "How many posts has he hit?" He's beating the goalie, it's just a matter of it going an inch the other way, maybe he just doesn't have that luck this year, or just not yet. But I like the way he has been playing this year, he is still always a scoring threat, he's making plays, and doing some back checking, he's becoming less of a one dimensional player many Leaf and non-Leaf fans have criticized him of being.

#5 Ben
February 22 2013, 08:53PM

I wonder if Lupul + Grabovski can get something going? Who knows, all I know is I LIKE the JVR + Kessel combo.

#6 i_miss_mogilny
February 24 2013, 06:54AM

Lupul, Kadri, Frattin That line can fly. Playing against easier match-ups Mac-C back with Grabo (per Cam Carron), Kessel Bozak JVR

Looks like an NHL line-up...