April 01 2013 11:44AM
|TEAM||Fen Close %||Team Shot %||Team Save %||PDO|
- The Ducks save percentage has come back to normal, but their shooting rate is still out there. Mind you, Anaheim have now lost five of six. Lucky devils get to play three straight against Dallas before the streak becomes too noticeable, however.
- Can LA catch Anaheim? Eight points back with 11 to play, it's not impossible. The Kings are still the best team in hockey by virtually every predictive measure with the exception of astrology. Astrology, the study of forming conclusions about the future by stargazing, selects the Penguins to win the Stanley Cup.
- I wonder what the Penguins shoot like when Crosby is out of the lineup. There's a good project for me at some point this week.
- Florida is a plus-possession team. They have been debilitated by injuries and have absolutely no goaltending. Nobody's scoring goals for them. They aren't this bad. They're going to get a high pick, and likely waste it because the Florida Panthers, if history is any judge, are not a particularly well-run hockey team compared to the other teams in the league.
- Actually four of the league's lowest PDO teams I would say are among the bottom as far as "well-run" teams go. But then you see St. Louis there and go "hmm, they're a good team". No goaltending this year apparently but despite a crazy-low PDO, they have high possession numbers and should sliiiide into the playoffs as a low seed.
- Can anybody think of a recent team that's been one of the top possession teams in the league that made the playoffs as an 8-seed on the last weekend? Tell me how that wound up.
- Columbus are still drunk. They'll probably fizzle out of this whatever run they're on and not make the playoffs. Sure is funny to hear people talk about how good Columbus is. Them and Anaheim. Quick: Name three former Sergei Fedorov teams in playoff contention right now.