WILL HALL OR EBERLE MAKE OLYMPIC TEAM?

Jason Gregor
July 22 2013 01:39PM

Hockey Canada announced the invitees to their Olympic orientation summer camp today. Taylor Hall and Jordan Eberle were on that list, but will they make the final roster on December 31st?

I had an article ready to post about who I thought would be on the list, but before I could Hockey Canada sent out the official list.

Here is who I thought they would invite, and the names in bold are who I think will make the team, followed by the actual roster.

GOALIES:

Roberto Luongo, Carey Price, Corey Crawford, Mike Smith and Cam Ward. John Shannon reported that Braden Holtby was the 5th and not Cam Ward. 

D-MEN:

Shea Weber-Drew Doughty

Duncan Keith-Brent Seabrook

P.K Subban- Alex Pietrangelo


Kris Letang-Marc Staal

Jay Bouwmeester- Bryan Campbell

Mike Green- Tyler Myers

Dion Phaneuf-Francois Beauchemin

Dan Hamhuis-Marc Methot

Hockey Canada likes to extend invites to veterans who have played well in the past, so Dan Boyle could get an invite. I think the top four pairings are the favourites to make the team, but if any of those guys get hurt of struggle in the first half of the season, one of the bottom eight guys could easily take their spot.

FORWARDS:

Eric Staal-Sidney Crosby-Steven Stamkos

Rick Nash-Jonathan Toews- Claude Giroux

John Tavares-Ryan Getzlaf-Corey Perry


Logan Couture-Patrice Bergeron-Milan Lucic

Taylor Hall-Jordan Staal-Andrew Ladd

James Neal-Patrick Sharp-Jordan Eberle

Chris Kunitz-Matt Duchene-Brad Marchand

Jamie Benn-Mike Richards-Marty St.Louis

Joe Thornton

Some forwards like Patrick Marleau and Jarome Iginla could get an invite based on past contributions, but I don't see them having a realistic shot to make the team.

Mike Babcock and his coaching staff will have some extremely difficult decisions amongst the forwards. You will notice I only picked 12 forwards, because I believe Hall, Eberle, Jordan Stall, James Neal, Andrew Ladd and Patrick Sharp and all have a great shot of making the team.

If I had to pick one of them, I believe the coaches might lean towards Ladd due to age, size and his ability to kill penalties.

Here is the actual list of who was invited

GOALIES

Roberto Luongo, Carey Price, Corey Crawford, Mike Smith and Braden Holtby.

Shannon was correct that Holtby got the nod over Cam Ward, and Luongo is the only goalie who was invited to the 2010 camp.

D-MEN

Shea Weber-Drew Doughty

Duncan Keith-Brent Seabrook

P.K Subban- Alex Pietrangelo

Kris Letang-Marc Staal

Jay Bouwmeester- Dan Boyle

Mike Green- Karl Alzner

Dan Hamhuis-Marc Methot

Dion Phaneuf-Travis Hamonic

Marc-Edouard Vlasic

No major surprises here, although it is interesting to note that Tyler Myers isn't on the list. I had 13 of the 17, but it is nice to see they wanted to give some younger guys a shot. Alzner, Hamonic and Vlasic are all solid, but I suspect the seven D-men who make the roster will come from the top-four pairings above. 

FORWARDS:

Eric Staal-Sidney Crosby-Steven Stamkos

Rick Nash-Jonathan Toews- Claude Giroux

John Tavares-Ryan Getzlaf-Corey Perry

Logan Couture-Patrice Bergeron-Milan Lucic

Taylor Hall-Jordan Staal-Andrew Ladd

James Neal-Patrick Sharp-Jordan Eberle

Chris Kunitz-Matt Duchene-Brad Marchand

Jeff Carter-Mike Richards-Marty St.Louis

Joe Thornton

I got 24 of 25, but I had Jamie Benn making the camp and not Jeff Carter. I'd love to be a fly on the wall when they get down to deciding on the 13 forwards. 

If Hall continues to perform like he did last season, and Dallas Eakins asks him to be more defensively aware he'll have a great chance of making the final roster. His speed on the big ice would be a huge bonus for Canada. 

Lindy Ruff liked Eberle at the World Championships, and if Eakins uses Eberle on the PK this year, that will increase Eberle's chances of making the team. He'll have to produce like he did in 2011/2012 to get serious consideration. 

I believe this crop of forwards has more depth than the 2010 team, and that will should make for some great debates when people submit their final 23 players.

PARTING SHOTS...

  • Here is the list of the 46 players who were invited to the summer camp for the 2010 Olympics. Steve Mason was one of five goalies invited. It's crazy how quickly things can change.
     
  • One more note regarding arbitration. Even though Gagner and the Oilers didn't go through the arbitration process, Gagner still got to see what the Oilers think about him. The player and the team are required to submit their case to the other side 48 hours before arbitration. The notion that teams and players avoid arbitration because they don't want to rip the player, isn't completely accurate, because in the case of Gagner, the past two summers he reached a deal only hours before his case, thus he was able to see how the Oilers valued him. 
     
  • Based on current lineups, if the Oilers are still trying to move Ales Hemsky, Ottawa seems like the decent fit. They need another top-six forward and they have enough cap space to absorb Hemsky's $5 million cap hit. This is just me speculating. New Jersey might be a fit, but they just signed Jaromir Jagr, but the best fit based on need is Nashville. The Preds desperately need a skilled forward. 

RECENTLY BY JASON GREGOR 

Ddf3e2ba09069c465299f3c416e43eae
One of Canada's most versatile sports personalities. Jason hosts The Jason Gregor Show, weekdays from 2 to 6 p.m., on TSN 1260, and he writes a column every Monday in the Edmonton Journal. You can follow him on Twitter at twitter.com/JasonGregor
Avatar
#51 The Heist
July 22 2013, 04:24PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Props
0
props
WhattaMike wrote:

LMAO...oh yeah hall passes to Ebs WHO THEN SCORES clutch-wise again...with 4.5 secs left to win the gold medal!!! LOL...I gotta clarify that

Lol where's your beer? ...throw me one.

I think hall has a good chance cause of his top 10 scoring and speed, but regardless, a great chance for experience at the camp. Leave something to be desired for the coming years.

Avatar
#52 Rocket
July 22 2013, 04:27PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Props
0
props

I wonder if Nuge didn't get invited because he's still in rehab for his shoulder?

I know I'm being a huge homer but I would love to see Nuge, Hall, & Ebs all on the team. The whole team IMO should be young, fast, & skilled.

No Benn is a mistake but a lot can happen in the season to change minds.

Avatar
#53 match16
July 22 2013, 04:40PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Props
0
props
WhattaMike wrote:

LMAO...oh yeah hall passes to Ebs WHO THEN SCORES clutch-wise again...with 4.5 secs left to win the gold medal!!! LOL...I gotta clarify that

Hall? Don't you mean TAVARES'S MAGICAL PLAY?

But let's be real, neither Hall OR Eberle would be on the ice with 4.5 secs left when you have Crosby, Stamkos, Giroux, Tavares, Toews, etc...

Avatar
#54 oilbaron
July 22 2013, 04:41PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Props
0
props

ya @whattamike, whatchya smokin?

At the world hockey championship this year Hall had 1 assist and Eberle had 5. He's always outperformed Hall at the international level and obviously the Team Canada staff is aware of his success. I'd bet both make the team if they have good starts to the year

I'll also bet Nuge and Schutz get looks at 2018, but right now their resumes aren't long enough

Hope Babcock just rolls with 4 lines; the talent is across the board and it'd be nice to see all the forwards playing instead of Crosby Crosby Crosby

Avatar
#55 Lemming
July 22 2013, 05:15PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Props
0
props

I don't think I could cheer for my home country if Marchand was playing on the team.

Avatar
#56 Oil Kings 'n' Pretty Things
July 22 2013, 05:39PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Props
0
props
Rama Lama wrote:

I'm hoping that RNH come in to camp 10 lbs heavier puts on a show and makes everyone involved in making the Olympics Canada roster think twice!

I would have him ahead of Duchene.

Uh, really? Don't get me wrong - I'm a huge Oilers fan - but Duchene comes out ahead of Nuge 10 times out of 10 in my book.

Avatar
#57 cableguy - 2nd Tier Fan
July 22 2013, 05:53PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Props
0
props
WhattaMike wrote:

As I already spoke prior on Hall and Ebs for the present type Olympic squad, I have to say J. Schultz won't be looked at this time around...but 2018 will be a definite invite for him.

With of the Oilers, I see Hemsky being traded now more likely and easily (suggestive words only folks-IMO) for say draft picks (2nd round????Hmmmm)...unless Ottawa comes in to trade Zack Smith somehow. At this point if he is traded, (with a healthy $6.3 mil capspace...) I then see MacT next making a hard play for Clifford out of LA...(possible offer sheet????...Hmmmmm).

Then I am seeing N. Schultz traded which loosens up another $3.5 either in capspace or for a bottom six forward coming back...

Steckel is good too if Smith from Ott is not traded for...

Just wondering and thinking here BTW...hmmmm

in trying to sort through all your hmmmmmmmms, it looks to me like you are suggesting the oilers move hemsky for a 2nd rounder and then use that 2nd rounder in an offer sheet for Clifford?

cause that shiznitz wont fly... pesky CBA and all

Avatar
#58 OilClog
July 22 2013, 05:59PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Props
0
props
Oil Kings 'n' Pretty Things wrote:

Uh, really? Don't get me wrong - I'm a huge Oilers fan - but Duchene comes out ahead of Nuge 10 times out of 10 in my book.

Not a chance, I think because of last season's troubles that weren't handled correctly your vision of RNH is blurred. I'd take Steve over Sam, Ryan over both. Hopkins is the best of the 3 and it's not even close.

Hall and Ebs as long as they come out strong this season, both will be on the team. Ebs responds to every call, plays well every time. Hall will put his stamp on being one of the best LW in the league this year, his skating on the open ice will leave defenders on the rear ends all day every day.

Avatar
#59 Oil Kings 'n' Pretty Things
July 22 2013, 06:19PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Props
0
props
OilClog wrote:

Not a chance, I think because of last season's troubles that weren't handled correctly your vision of RNH is blurred. I'd take Steve over Sam, Ryan over both. Hopkins is the best of the 3 and it's not even close.

Hall and Ebs as long as they come out strong this season, both will be on the team. Ebs responds to every call, plays well every time. Hall will put his stamp on being one of the best LW in the league this year, his skating on the open ice will leave defenders on the rear ends all day every day.

If I'm biased at all it's because Duchene was a ridiculous late-round pick for me in my hockey pool last year.

The kid plays 21 minutes a night, went .91 pts/gm, and is 54.6% on the dot.

I think Nuge has a higher ceiling for offensive production, but Duchene is a better player right now.

Avatar
#60 Rocket
July 22 2013, 06:27PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Props
0
props

@Oil Kings 'n' Pretty Things

I'm a big fan of Duchene & Nuge. I would put them both on the team.

Avatar
#61 Spydyr
July 22 2013, 06:46PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Props
0
props

I'm hoping both make the team because the only way that would happen is if they both are having career years.Which should translate into the Oilers in a playoff spot at the break.

Avatar
#62 Citizen David
July 22 2013, 07:50PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Props
0
props

Goalies are the big risk. Loungo and Price are both excellent goalies but both have streaks where they struggle mightily.

Weber, Doughty, Letang, Pietrangelo, Keith, Seabrook, Subban, and Bouwmeester make an insanely great defence.

Forwards is where team Canada will screw it up. If they take Getzlaf over Duchene I'll be ticked. Guys like Nash, Perry, Thorton, Eric Staal, Getzlaf, Lucic inspire no confidence in me. The Perry Getzlaf line stunk in Vancouver. So did Eric Staal. The group needs to be carried by Crosby, Stamkos, Tavares, Toews, Duchene, Bergeron.

I would have Jordan Staal, Logan Couture, Hall and Eberle, Giroux and Spezza. I don't know why Canada hates Spezza. Maybe it's health concerns but a healthy Spezza makes my team everyday. He's a career 1.02 Pts per game. Topped 90 points twice, once in 68 games. 2011-2012 he was top 5 in NHL points. Over-looked every time.

Avatar
#63 Citizen David
July 22 2013, 07:59PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Props
0
props

And of course Gagner should make the team.

Avatar
#64 Oilcruzer
July 22 2013, 08:00PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Props
0
props
Ducey wrote:

The Oilers could just sign Steckel for the 4th line C role.

He made $1.1 M last year for ANA. He must be getting a little nervous the music is going to stop and he won't have a chair.

On the other hand, he had just 7 pts and 4 PIM's in 34 games last year. 2 minor penalties doesn't exactly scream "gritty".

If Boyes is there for $1.25 x2, might be a good play.

Team Canada needs two teams.

Avatar
#65 Smokey
July 22 2013, 08:09PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Props
0
props

The whole eastern bias bothers me. Read to many reports about Taylor Hall being omitted. I'm not sure anyone who has seen him play can omit. Guy was shafted by Ruff at the world and still put up points and albeit he caused a few to many turnovers, he can play safe hockey.

One name being omitted is Horton. Horton Toews Lucic is my third line. You got two thirds of the best line in hockey with the second best center. A guy like Nash always shows up for Canada, Horton wins you games.

Goaltending is scary. The only one who's done something is Crawford. Luongo needs to restore confidence and Price is inconsistant. Mike Smith should be on the list.

Avatar
#66 DSF
July 22 2013, 09:22PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Props
0
props
Citizen David wrote:

And of course Gagner should make the team.

These are the centres invited to camp:

Crosby

Bergeron

Stamkos

Toews

Thornton

Tavares

Getzlaf

Carter

Richards

Couture

Staal

Duchene Did you mean Sammy could be the stick boy?

Avatar
#67 DSF
July 22 2013, 09:28PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Props
0
props
Smokey wrote:

The whole eastern bias bothers me. Read to many reports about Taylor Hall being omitted. I'm not sure anyone who has seen him play can omit. Guy was shafted by Ruff at the world and still put up points and albeit he caused a few to many turnovers, he can play safe hockey.

One name being omitted is Horton. Horton Toews Lucic is my third line. You got two thirds of the best line in hockey with the second best center. A guy like Nash always shows up for Canada, Horton wins you games.

Goaltending is scary. The only one who's done something is Crawford. Luongo needs to restore confidence and Price is inconsistant. Mike Smith should be on the list.

The camp roster has ELEVEN high end centres invited. A few of those will be shifted to play wing.

Hall would have to shoot the lights out in the first half of the season to even get a sniff.

I would imagine Toews, Thornton, Getzlaf, Carter, Duchene and Couture will be shifted to wing.

Pretty tough company

Avatar
#68 bwar
July 22 2013, 09:29PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Props
0
props

Player who don't make their countries team should have the option to play for another country.

Avatar
#69 DSF
July 22 2013, 09:36PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Props
0
props
bwar wrote:

Player who don't make their countries team should have the option to play for another country.

I hear Dubai is looking for a few good players.

Avatar
#70 Taylor Gang
July 22 2013, 09:54PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Props
0
props
DSF wrote:

The camp roster has ELEVEN high end centres invited. A few of those will be shifted to play wing.

Hall would have to shoot the lights out in the first half of the season to even get a sniff.

I would imagine Toews, Thornton, Getzlaf, Carter, Duchene and Couture will be shifted to wing.

Pretty tough company

Yeah that's a good idea, let's not have any wingers. Let's put centres on all of the wings.

Don't Get me wrong, some centres should and will be put on the wing. But to suggest that Hall won't even get a sniff without playing out of his skin? That's ridiculous. He is our best left winger, if not it's close between him and Nash. One of the two will make the team, if not both.

Avatar
#71 DSF
July 22 2013, 10:03PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Props
0
props

@Taylor Gang

Martin St. Louis

Rick Nash

Corey Perry

Claude Giroux

Brad Marchand

Patrick Sharp

James Neal

All listed as wingers.

Combine that with the centre group and it's murderers row.

Avatar
#72 Devolution
July 23 2013, 01:03AM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Props
0
props

All this Olympic team talk is making me quite excited about the tournament already. Nothing better than meaningful Olympic hockey!

Avatar
#73 OilFanInBC
July 23 2013, 02:00AM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Props
0
props

@DSF

You think Couture is better than Hall?

Avatar
#74 Professor Q
July 23 2013, 04:56AM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Props
0
props

@DSF

Doesn't FIFA have a similar concept, and/or nations can loan players to other nations, or nations can pay foreign players?

Avatar
#75 Time Travelling Sean
July 23 2013, 07:01AM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Props
0
props

Hall, Duchene, Benn, Kane. They all are strong, North-South skaters that should be high contenders for the bottom six.

Hall is one of the best players right now, and he'll probably be better this season than he was last, so he should be more of a lock than Giroux.

Avatar
#76 captainnapalm
July 23 2013, 08:47AM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Props
0
props

Gregor, don't forget that the roster size for Olympic teams is 25, not 23, so 3G, 14F, 8D. Two extra skaters for forward and defense, as well as the "reserve squad" of 3 additional players.

Avatar
#77 madjam
July 23 2013, 10:25AM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Props
0
props
Clyde Frog wrote:

Let's see Taylor Hall outscored Rick Nash, Corey Perry, Claude Giroux, Brad Marchand, Patrick Sharp and James Neal; some of them by a WIDE margin.

Who did he not outscore?

The 38 year old Hockey Robot that is Martin St. Loius....

The kid is a 2 time memorial cup MVP and has some pretty amazing early point production numbers in his career.

Yeah, no way he has a chance to crack that roster.

He may have scored those players , but he is injury prone ! You guys just don't see this. If you make roster of team Canada and get injured you cannot replace player . Do you not fact or injury into your thoughts ???

Avatar
#78 They're $hittie
July 23 2013, 10:32AM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Props
0
props

@madjam

Crosby is hurt more than Hall, do you cut him. \

Avatar
#79 nate
July 23 2013, 10:32AM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Props
0
props
Sliderule wrote:

They will pick a team suitable for Canadian ice and lose.

They just don't get it that Getzlaf ,Perry and their ilk are just to slow for international ice.

Meanwhile Hall will sit at home when he is built for the Olympic game.

obviously you haven't read any remarks from Yzerman and co about how they want to put this team together.

Avatar
#80 madjam
July 23 2013, 10:37AM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Props
0
props
They're $hittie wrote:

Crosby is hurt more than Hall, do you cut him. \

no , unless he gets another concussion next season . Can't have so many injury prone players on the team . Does not make sense because only so many players go , means that too many injuries = bad result . Take Hall only if less players on the team are injury prone .

Avatar
#81 Oiler Al
July 23 2013, 10:38AM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Props
0
props
Will wrote:

I think Hall has the best shot to make this team simply because in terms of LW, you have Lucic, Nash, and Hall as probably the top three Canadian LW.

It is crazy to think you could make an entire forward group out of centres and it would be pretty decent looking.

For centres there are: Crosby, Stamkos, Giroux, Getzlaf, Thorton, Bergeron, Tavares, Stall, Stall, Couture, Toews, Richards, Duchene, and Sharp. I still could be missing some big names off that.

I would love to see a Stamkos Hall Stall line.

Regardless, team Canada is pretty stacked. I think it will be another gold for us assuming our goalies can get it done.

Will ,see your point, but remember that one or some of the centers will play the winq position. Stamkos would be on of the first to move to winq.

Avatar
#82 nate
July 23 2013, 10:39AM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Props
0
props
madjam wrote:

He may have scored those players , but he is injury prone ! You guys just don't see this. If you make roster of team Canada and get injured you cannot replace player . Do you not fact or injury into your thoughts ???

wow, you have no clue what you're talking about.

Avatar
#83 madjam
July 23 2013, 10:41AM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Props
0
props
nate wrote:

wow, you have no clue what you're talking about.

Injuries do not matter to you ?

Avatar
#84 15w40
July 23 2013, 11:34AM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Props
0
props
madjam wrote:

Injuries do not matter to you ?

Injuries do matter......if he's injured. They won't take an injured player that's not 100% over somebody that is, save for a select few like Crosby. If he can go he will be on there.

If Hall is healthy and he deserves to be there, then I don't think they leave him off because he MIGHT get hurt. That would be a complete failure as a management group.

Avatar
#85 Clyde Frog
July 23 2013, 11:36AM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Props
0
props
madjam wrote:

Injuries do not matter to you ?

Yup Hall missed 3 NHL games, playing 45 last season WHILE playing 24 AHL games before.

Your logic is air tight, cut the bum...

Sorry for wasting your time.

Avatar
#87 madjam
July 23 2013, 11:49AM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Props
0
props
15w40 wrote:

Injuries do matter......if he's injured. They won't take an injured player that's not 100% over somebody that is, save for a select few like Crosby. If he can go he will be on there.

If Hall is healthy and he deserves to be there, then I don't think they leave him off because he MIGHT get hurt. That would be a complete failure as a management group.

and what happens if Toews and Crosby gets hit the head, Hall separates his shoulder, etc , ect ? where do the players come from then once the roster is set?

Avatar
#88 madjam
July 23 2013, 11:51AM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Props
0
props
Clyde Frog wrote:

Yup Hall missed 3 NHL games, playing 45 last season WHILE playing 24 AHL games before.

Your logic is air tight, cut the bum...

Sorry for wasting your time.

Rick DiPeitro played 60+ games for 3 years . Is that not acceptable for an nhl goalie ? Does that mean he is not injury prone? Look at Hall's first two years !

Avatar
#89 Clyde Frog
July 23 2013, 11:56AM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Props
0
props
madjam wrote:

Rick DiPeitro played 60+ games for 3 years . Is that not acceptable for an nhl goalie ? Does that mean he is not injury prone? Look at Hall's first two years !

No, no you are right; obviously the situations are the exact same.

They also play different positions and are completely different players...

But they both do play hockey and therefor Hall's career injury and otherwise will mirror DiPietro's...

Your arguments are completely sound! We are passing on Crosby, Hall, Toews! Any others we need to avoid?

Avatar
#90 Will
July 23 2013, 11:58AM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Props
0
props

I still think Hall will make the team. If the over abundance of centres have to shift, they'll likely shift over to the right, otherwise Canada will be very unbalanced. The only other LW that was better last season was Kunitz, and how much of that was Crosby. Hall does it all himself. As such, here's my new prediction for a balanced hockey team that can do it all:

Crosby - Nash - Perry

Giroux - Hall - Stamkos

Toews - Lucic - Stall

Bergeron - Kunitz - Tavaras

I think is a balanced team as opposed to something Russia would put on the ice. As for some of the huge names I left off, as Tampa showed last year, huge names does not a good team make.

Avatar
#91 madjam
July 23 2013, 12:01PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Props
0
props
Clyde Frog wrote:

No, no you are right; obviously the situations are the exact same.

They also play different positions and are completely different players...

But they both do play hockey and therefor Hall's career injury and otherwise will mirror DiPietro's...

Your arguments are completely sound! We are passing on Crosby, Hall, Toews! Any others we need to avoid?

Not saying he will . Just something to consider . most Canadians have concussion history and one more hit to the head will finish them . look up all the players that have had a concussion . what happens if a third of the team is concussed ? WHAT HAPPENS !?!? roster is already set at the point .

Avatar
#92 Clyde Frog
July 23 2013, 12:07PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Props
0
props
madjam wrote:

Not saying he will . Just something to consider . most Canadians have concussion history and one more hit to the head will finish them . look up all the players that have had a concussion . what happens if a third of the team is concussed ? WHAT HAPPENS !?!? roster is already set at the point .

So correct me if I misunderstand, sometimes genius is hard to follow.

You expect a 3rd of the team to be concussed?

All these star players are going to be knocked out of the NHL next year due to concussions? Or are they only at risk at the Olympics?

Avatar
#93 madjam
July 23 2013, 12:12PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Props
0
props
Clyde Frog wrote:

So correct me if I misunderstand, sometimes genius is hard to follow.

You expect a 3rd of the team to be concussed?

All these star players are going to be knocked out of the NHL next year due to concussions? Or are they only at risk at the Olympics?

I am not expecting it , but do you really want to take the chance ? if it were to happen we wouldn't have a full roster . that means no medal and were 5th right now , not good . because we can only take so many players makes Olympics more important .

Avatar
#94 Clyde Frog
July 23 2013, 12:16PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Props
0
props

@madjam

So, you don't expect it to happen.

BUT you want to ice a lesser team in case that which you don't expect to happen actually happens?

That which has NEVER happened by the way?

After a year that Taylor essentially played a full season's worth of games?

Nope, you my friend are a genius! Because honestly I don't think anyone else would have the foresight to cut Crosby, Toews and Hall.

Avatar
#95 madjam
July 23 2013, 12:19PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Props
0
props
Clyde Frog wrote:

So, you don't expect it to happen.

BUT you want to ice a lesser team in case that which you don't expect to happen actually happens?

That which has NEVER happened by the way?

After a year that Taylor essentially played a full season's worth of games?

Nope, you my friend are a genius! Because honestly I don't think anyone else would have the foresight to cut Crosby, Toews and Hall.

I am not saying cut Crosby and toews . I am saying that I wouldn't put Hall on the team because there are too many others with injury problems . If they go down then we won't have enough players to ice a team . I am not 100% stating my opinion, I am just trying to generate hockey talk on this subject . Gregor what do you think ?

Avatar
#96 Clyde Frog
July 23 2013, 12:26PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Props
0
props
madjam wrote:

I am not saying cut Crosby and toews . I am saying that I wouldn't put Hall on the team because there are too many others with injury problems . If they go down then we won't have enough players to ice a team . I am not 100% stating my opinion, I am just trying to generate hockey talk on this subject . Gregor what do you think ?

Oh I see, you are just generating hockey talk and not 100% stating your opinion.

So you are just posting random garbage because you are a professional blogger; I forgot.

Can you add the following addendum to all of your posts?

"PS I am just posting garbage to generate hockey talk and because I am too lazy to have thoughtful or insightful comments. I have probably just posted the opposite of whatever comment I have quoted, please do the needful"

Avatar
#97 madjam
July 23 2013, 12:31PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Props
0
props
Clyde Frog wrote:

Oh I see, you are just generating hockey talk and not 100% stating your opinion.

So you are just posting random garbage because you are a professional blogger; I forgot.

Can you add the following addendum to all of your posts?

"PS I am just posting garbage to generate hockey talk and because I am too lazy to have thoughtful or insightful comments. I have probably just posted the opposite of whatever comment I have quoted, please do the needful"

How is what I am doing any different than what the media or guys like Gregor write ? I am just trying to get people to talk about the sport I love , I am 62 years old and I like going to games .

Avatar
#98 Clyde Frog
July 23 2013, 12:40PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Props
0
props

@madjam

But that is the rub, you aren't trying to get people to talk about the sport you love.

You post the opposite and extremely skewed views to get people to argue about the sport you love.

Instead of taking the time to write thoughtful comments in which you discuss the actual merits of things, you post things you "don't 100% believe" in the hopes someone picks an argument with you.

The difference between you and Gregor or the other actual bloggers is:

A. They are employed by the site B. The articles they write are supported by their experience, research and in some cases certain stats divided by others (Which they call advanced stats instead of ratios) C. When they post they provide their ideas in a coherent and thought out manner.

If you want people to respect your opinion try having a real one as opposed to just jumping to the opposite side of every argument.

Avatar
#99 madjam
July 23 2013, 12:44PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Props
0
props
Clyde Frog wrote:

But that is the rub, you aren't trying to get people to talk about the sport you love.

You post the opposite and extremely skewed views to get people to argue about the sport you love.

Instead of taking the time to write thoughtful comments in which you discuss the actual merits of things, you post things you "don't 100% believe" in the hopes someone picks an argument with you.

The difference between you and Gregor or the other actual bloggers is:

A. They are employed by the site B. The articles they write are supported by their experience, research and in some cases certain stats divided by others (Which they call advanced stats instead of ratios) C. When they post they provide their ideas in a coherent and thought out manner.

If you want people to respect your opinion try having a real one as opposed to just jumping to the opposite side of every argument.

I don't understand...

Comments are closed for this article.