NHL 14 - Leafs Player Ratings

Justin Fisher
September 10 2013 04:40PM

Photo: EA Sports
I can't speak for all of you, but when I called in sick this morning, it was because I'm actually suffering from a cold. It wasn't because EA Sport's NHL 14 hit the shelves today - though, I still did manage to drag myself out of bed and pick it up.

Shut up.

As is tradition, the first thing most people do is head straight to their team's roster and check out/yell at their favourite players' ratings.

Let me help you out… Below you will find a handy chart of all the latest Toronto Maple Leafs player ratings, as well as select ratings from the Toronto Marlies and the Leafs' prospect pool.

It's an understandably large task to get all player information and ratings bang on, and you can expect a few roster updates to be released as the 2013-14 NHL season nears. We can forgive EA Sports for forgetting to include some players in the game at launch, such as Leafs newcomer Petter Granberg…

But, um, excuse me? No Fabrice Herzog? You failed to include him on both EV Zug and Quebec Remparts? What the actual hell, EA Sports? How dare you make such an outrageous and abominable mistake?

YOU'RE ON NOTICE, MR. RAMJAGSINGH!

Please feel free to debate and complain about the ratings in the comments below.

C0293e2b4678f1e929600607efbd5b6b
Justin Fisher is The Leafs Nation's Managing Editor. After the game, he's a handsome vigilante who fights crime and frequents late night food trucks.
#1 James
September 10 2013, 08:30PM

I have a bigger problem with Max Pactioretty being an 88 which is the same as Kessel

#2 jessevwal
September 11 2013, 08:26PM

just seeing komarov's name makes me cry a little :'( i'm gonna miss him sooooooo much this year

#3 chris edson
September 10 2013, 06:30PM

I think mark Frasier and gardiner deserve more points too

#4 Lemming
September 10 2013, 07:22PM

Tyler Bozak at 83? I'd tag him more as an 80ish guy.

#5 chris edson
September 10 2013, 05:11PM

kadri better than james van riemsdyk? comeon

#6 Hummu
September 17 2013, 09:26AM

Reimer should be 84

#7 m@
September 10 2013, 06:02PM
chris edson wrote:

kadri better than james van riemsdyk? comeon

In cases like these it's always the "potential" ranking that skews things a little bit !!

#8 Mike_Fahmy
September 10 2013, 11:40PM

I Won't make a big deal about Ratings right after a Launch because I know EA Will fix it in the Roster Updates

#9 BayStParade
September 11 2013, 08:36AM

Bernier and Reims both at 82? I still don't know who my starter should be.

#11 m@
September 10 2013, 08:45PM
Justin Fisher wrote:

Not true. EA removed the 'Potential' rating a while back. The overall rating is indicative of skill and ability, while the white-yellow-green five star system is used to indicate potential and ceiling.

My apologies - I guess I'm an old time gamer (2009) who isn't in the loop. As such... I agree with chris e - Kadri should not be on par with JVR (yet)....

#12 Steve Dangle
September 10 2013, 10:28PM
James wrote:

WOW really???? Boo-urns

#13 Jeremy Ian
September 10 2013, 11:59PM

Just typed into Google "Is Professional sports Fixed" When I was done with the first few article (videos included) I have little doubt now that they are.

#14 Fuck Bozak
September 11 2013, 09:53AM

@Justin Fisher

what is bozaks role listed as? in NHL 13 he is a 3rd liner scorer have they bumped him up?