LFR7 - Game 49 - Flying Ass - Buf 3, Tor 4 (SO)

Steve Dangle
January 16 2014 04:35PM

Ryan Miller's face, David Clarkson's flying ass, and a tale of three centres.

LINKS

Post Game
New writer Margo Tzemis
New writer Steven Tzemis

6b6884e175cda86e6828bab0537236ad
#1 Andrew
January 16 2014, 05:14PM

Trade Kadri? NO! Helllllllllllllll no. And basically for all the reasons you listed. He's young. He's great. Had huge expectations dumped on him, and lets be honest thats some pressure in the big show. But I have faith NAY! I know he will become the Hockey player we all want him to be. Plus, I have this image of him throwing on another jersey and becoming almost super villany "I'LL SHOW THEM! I'LL SHOW THEM ALL!" And he will proceed to score insane goals, rack up mad points out of pure smite towards MLSE...

#2 Garrett
January 16 2014, 05:48PM

Trade him? No. I want to see him put on the wing though. He is no doubt an offensive force, but is most effective when he is giving it his all. I believe I have read somewhere, even maybe here, that 4th line call ups feel like they have to come to the bench puking to keep a roster spot. Kadri should be doing this too! He isn't skating when I watch him, he glides everywhere, even on the backcheck, so maybe while he gets his skating drive back put him on the wing with someone who doesn't stop moving his feet.... Last I checked he could draw even more penalties moving his feet than not too.

#3 whichonespink
January 16 2014, 06:04PM

My first thought is, eff no! My second is, I would, if.... he was part of a much bigger deal. I heard that they won't trade him unless they get a Centre back? This is stupid, who is going to give us a better centre for the centre we have now? No one, that's who. (maybe Garth Snow) If we trade him say, just for an example, Shea Weber, then yes, but, then, we'd be even thinner than we are at centre now! That seems like a backwards move. I say our strength as an organization is at Defence. We have 2 young studs, and a few on the way, that is where we deal from to acquire a Centre or a number 2 D, trading future D plus picks or other pieces for a stud number one C,or number 2D. I Don't see that happening either, I think if would be boffo stupid to trade Gardiner, but if I had the choice given our relative strength at D, I'd trade him before I'd trade Kadri. So there!

#4 gary
January 16 2014, 07:34PM

Mikhail Grabovski .... a scoring threat that was fast and tenacious. The opposition set their lines appropriately to match up with him. Kadri directly benefitted from this early last year. It showed in the score sheet and was adjusted later when he garnered more attention. His numbers dropped but remained decent enough to show a break out season. However under Wilson and that management team and their handling of Kadri, really any kind of offensive showing would have been considered a break out year.

This year we have to assess how he is managed again. You can say that Kadri is no "every dog, because according to Carlyle Kadri never gets his day.

Last year the team was more pugnacious, but that seemed to open it up for the running style that the majority of these stallions thrive. This year, the cycle game is reigning in our offence. This style is doing more so exposing our defensive handicap.

Carlyle is trying to have them play a playoff style of game in the regular season. OK, preparation complete, now play regular season hockey. Let loose the speed, let them skate and force the defence into retreat playing into your offensive threats happy place. When in the Playoffs, Carlyle can coach his style and look darn good at it.

Oh yeah, BTW Trade Kadri... Nope

#5 GraboDangles
January 16 2014, 08:47PM

It's ridiculous to trade Kadri. That man plays with his own swagger and we all know what he capable of on the ice. If he is not productive he is still drawing penalties on most games. I know damn well Kadri will tear it up on any other team.

#6 Saud
January 16 2014, 09:19PM

I have been a leaf fan for as long as I can remember, if they trade KADRI for anything less than a Couture i will forsake this team and that is saying alot considering they have not given much in the last decade or so. If they trade him on the basis that they have bolland a veteran ufa then they are pretty much trading a young asset for an older player by making space for bolland i.e something oth nonis and lewieke repeatedly said they will not do. Conclusion: they will do it. Source: they said they will not so they will, usually a good bet.

#7 Saud
January 16 2014, 09:23PM

I should also mention they are not gonna get anyone for kadri that is or can be as good as him otherwise wise why would naother team give him up; maybe the flyers ;). So basically no. Getting Holland should mean Bozak is expendable not Kadri, SMH.

#8 Leaf Fan in Mexico
January 17 2014, 07:39AM

Give Kadri another year at least.... I wonder what % of his slowdown in production can be attributed to Carlyle style and expectations....

#9 Mike Smith from Mimico Ontario