LFR7 - Game 53 - Texas Fold 'Em - Tor 1, Dal 7

Steve Dangle
January 24 2014 04:46PM

Now you're just a win streak that I used to know.

LINKS

Colton Orr fight card (2013-14)
Troy Bodie fight card (2013-14)
Leafs Top 20 Prospects

6b6884e175cda86e6828bab0537236ad
#1 HaylStorm
January 24 2014, 05:17PM

i agree that Bodie is a better Orr, but didnt Orr also have bursitis that had to be operated on?

like it seems a little unfair to criticize his fighting with his elbow that messed up. but really, that makes the better question, why on earth were they playing him, expecting him to fight, with his elbow that messed up?

#2 whichonespink
January 24 2014, 08:26PM

Steve, you've quoted this movie before, Office Space, here's mine. What is it you do around here?

Why is Orr in the lineup? He doesn't fight anymore, he doesn't score, he takes bad, real dumb penalties. Why? Why is he in the lineup, why hasn't he been sent to the farm? He should be, of course he'd have to clear waivers first.....I think he'd squeeze by, and if not, oh well. Is there an intangible I'm missing? He took a penalty on one shift, then later, he took one after Dallas had been fingered for one, so he evened it up. Is that what he's supposed to be doing, chasing the puck around in his own zone and taking dumb and ill timed penalties? He only gets 7-8 shifts a night, and he makes a dumb play on half of them....I don't understand. What is it he does around here, and couldn't the Leafs find someone to do the exact same job at 550k? They could save 0.4 million, that's not a lot but it's a start, that is almost the difference between Phaneuf's salary this year to next.

#3 jaymie-lee
January 24 2014, 09:03PM

Steve! wasnt sure if i was gonna watch this LFR but i couldnt miss it. your sad face at the beginning of this video with hat guy broke my heart . on to the next! GO LEAFS GO. keep up the good work with these videos.

#4 jaymie-lee
January 24 2014, 09:03PM

#5 Saud
January 25 2014, 01:30AM

Great LFR as usual. As for what does Colton Orr do, I think I have finally figured it out. They keep him around because he is their secret goalie coach. At one point in the season the team played soccer for practice and a number of the players said that Orr is a great goalie. They cannot send him down as he is the reason behind their success. If not, then I have no clue because Bodie is better in every way "eye test", stats traditional and "advanced". I guess for a person who can not make the connection that you can not possibly keep track of alll those stats without watching the game would see Corsi and Fenwick as advanced.

#6 MaxPower417
January 25 2014, 08:29AM

@HaylStorm

I don't know why you're getting pounded with trashes for mixing up Orr and Clarkson, it's an easy mistake to make this season!

#8 Mike Smith from Mimico Ontario
January 25 2014, 04:15PM

Was looking forward to you hitting the high note on "used to know"...

#9 Timothy B
January 26 2014, 06:01AM

I bet you Leaf fans wish you never traded Tuukka Rask, Tyler Seguin, and Dougie Hamilton. Thank you from Bruins Country....