LFR7 - Game 74 - Partition - St. L 5, Tor 3

Steve Dangle
March 25 2014 10:32PM

Screen shot 2014-03-25 at 11.31.48 PM

No more playoffs for the Leafs? Welp. Time to lose my mind again!

LINKS

Post Game
Marlies Win
Leafs sign Eric Knodel
Leave Reimer Alone

6b6884e175cda86e6828bab0537236ad
#1 jaymie-lee
March 25 2014, 10:49PM

sorry cant handle SAD steve dangle, it hurts to watch you lose your hope. good video though

#2 Willbur
March 25 2014, 10:56PM

Wow! Really that's all I got, I mean...nope just wow.

#3 George
March 25 2014, 11:09PM

These videos keep on getting better and better!

#4 Wetcoaster
March 25 2014, 11:18PM

I'm just waiting for the inevitable F*** A DUCK outburst

#5 Poluza
March 25 2014, 11:32PM

This makes me sad :(

#6 Kev
March 26 2014, 12:23AM

The ending hit me right in the feels...can't handle sad Steve :(

Why Leafs? WHY!!!!

#7 leafdreamer
March 26 2014, 01:24AM

That was very cute. Beautiful video. I feel you man. It's not over until it's over. We still have a chance but I don't think much is going to happen this year even if we make it - too many injuries - there's no way the Captain is not hurt, Franson probably as well, Bernier, Bolland... Orr and McClement haven't done the job this season and kids that were brought up didn't do much either. Clarkson has been sooooo bad :(

#8 Bruinsfan617
March 26 2014, 06:11AM

Keep the faith Steve. It's always darkest before the dawn

#9 Jeremy Ian
March 26 2014, 06:34AM

Great video Steve. Summed it up for a lot of us.

#10 LeafsGonnaLeaf
March 26 2014, 08:20AM

It's sad to think that the peak of this current team was making the playoffs once in a decade then pulling off an improbable choke job.

I am glad I gave up hope after Montreal, it's made the last two losses not sting as bad. Obviously hoped they could turn it around but when you start to get into games 70+, that is the team you have and there are no more excuses.

They will probably go on a streak to give everyone hope and then whether or not they make it will be decided by another team winning or losing their last game of the year.. you know, just to make everyone hold out hope for one more crushing disappointment.

#11 John
March 26 2014, 08:28AM

Steve, this video was tough. But so very true. I wish I could quit my drug, but the Leafs are a very powerful opiate.

#12 leafer2013
March 26 2014, 09:24AM

Dangle how can you be a Burke supporter when he left us with Carlyle as coach? Carlyle is like a poison pill and Burke's final revenge

#14 Mike Smith from Mimico Ontario
March 26 2014, 11:33AM

I'm just so sad, Steve.

#15 Jeremy Ian
March 26 2014, 12:11PM

OK, so here's a question for you, Steve. Just so we have stuff to think about as we fly of the cliff again in our crowded 18-wheeler.

The question: How permanent is bad coaching? Imagining Carlyle fired at the end of the season, I wonder whether this team is beyond redemption. It would be a shame, with some of the great talent on the team, to have to start all over again. Thoughts?

#16 WesternDP
March 26 2014, 06:22PM

BBO!

“Oh, this isn’t even B.O.! This is beyond B.O.! It’s B.B.O.” -George Costanza

Don't get too down. If the Leafs win the next two games things will look much better.

Heck...if Montreal just beats Detroit tomorrow...things will look better.

Imagine that...cheering for the Habs for a day?

BBO? We might have to depend on the stink of other cars. Not like we have never been there before.

Detroit's schedule is very tough: Montreal, Toronto, Tampa, Boston, Buffalo, Montreal, Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Carolina, St. Louis.

In contrast, the Leafs close out the season with Calgary, Boston, Winnipeg, Tampa, Florida and Ottawa.

If the Leafs do miss the playoffs, there might be some positive repercussions. Carlyle will have to adjust and be better or be fired. Maybe Orr finally gets waived. Maybe we trade some players like Franson and get a defensive dman while keeping both Reilly and Gardiner...plus we make some room and cap space for the young guys coming up.

The Marlies are doing well and we have some nice prospects.

My childhood memories of the Leafs are the Ballard years, so I know from that scarring experience that things can be much worse.

#17 SolidJoel
March 27 2014, 07:02PM

My new car would have ........a new gm and coach.