April 15 2014 08:00AM
Tuukka Rask winning a Stanley Cup as a starting goaltender probably won't annoy Leafs fans, will it?
EA Sports and NHL 14 have completed their annual playoff emulator! They take the current playoff tree, match all the teams who are facing each other with their updated rosters, and see who the game predicts will win the Stanley Cup.
In the email I got from EA Sports they gave me highlights from each round, including who won each series and how long it took!
Here are this year's results...
- The Boston Bruins defeat the Detroit Red Wings 4-2.
- The Montreal Canadiens defeat the Tampa Bay Lightning 4-0.
- The New York Rangers defeat the Philadelphia Flyers 4-0 sweep.
- The Pittsburgh Penguins defeat Columbus Blue Jackets 4-1.
- The Colorado Avalanche defeat the Minnesota Wild 4-3.
- The Chicago Blackhawks defeat the St. Louis Blues 4-3.
- The Anaheim Ducks defeat the Dallas Stars 4-1.
- The San Jose Sharks defeat the Los Angeles Kings 4-2.
- The Boston Bruins defeat the Montreal Canadiens 4-1.
- The New York Rangers defeat the Pittsburgh Penguins 4-2.
- The Chicago Blackhawks lose to the Colorado Avalanche 4-3.
- The San Jose Sharks defeat the Anaheim Ducks 4-1.
- The Boston Bruins beat the New York Rangers. This series went to Game 7 in OT. Guess who scored the series-winner? Patrice Bergeron. These games are getting too realistic. I know that feel, bro.
- The San Jose Sharks defeat the Colorado Avalanche 4-2.
- The Boston Bruins defeat the San Jose Sharks 4-2 to win the 2014 Stanley Cup!
- The Bruins made their second straight Stanley Cup Final appearance and their third in the last four seasons.
- Joe Thornton faced the team who drafted him and lost. He was also the playoffs' leading scorer with 12 goals, 16 assists, and 28 points. Logan Couture finished second, David Krejci finished third.
- Tuukka Rask wins the Conn Smythe Trophy as playoff MVP after posting a 1.56 GAA, .948 SV% and four shutouts in the playoffs.
- At long last - Jarome Iginla is a Stanley Cup champion!