Playoff LFR: Déjà Blue

Steve Dangle
April 26 2014 12:39PM

Screen shot 2014-04-26 at 1.11.17 PM

Wanna hear a scary story?

BLUES CREEPINESS

6b6884e175cda86e6828bab0537236ad
Steve Dangle has a YouTube channel with millions of views, is the co-host of the Steve Dangle Podcast on iTunes and SoundCloud, and is a secret agent for Sportsnet. Steve has also worked for CBC, the NHL Network, Leafs TV, Nike, the KHL, and most of all, the Toronto Zoo. What a goof.
#1 kesselkadri
April 26 2014, 04:55PM

I'm not sure why everyone is so goo goo over Toews. Kessel is a better hockey player and is more a game breaker then Toews.

#2 Martin
April 26 2014, 02:44PM

When Jonathan Toews has on his Captain Serious face before a game every guy on the opposing team knows what he is thinking - Do you seriously think you can beat me? Kind of reminiscent of Michael Jordan - another guy who ended up in Chicago as the third selection in a draft. And great news for fans of other NHL teams - he and Patrick Kane are both 25!!! We are going to have to deal with those two and the Blackhawks for ten more years!

Toews will be 26 on Tuesday - so he is aging somewhat.

#3 MattyFranchise
April 26 2014, 04:27PM

@Martin

I'd worry when a guy like Toews gets to 33-34. He's gonna be a top producer for a few more years. You say aging, I say getting more experienced.

Also, Steve Dangle, I love your play off casts, I wish I had found them earlier then I wouldn't have sore laughing muscles from enjoying your take on things so much in a marathon viewing.

I even got my mom watching them.

#4 Martin
April 26 2014, 08:47PM
kesselkadri wrote:

I hope you are being sarcastic. No matter how big a Leafs fan you are, you cannot be serious. Show of hands - who would prefer to have Toews as a Leaf instead of Kessel.

#5 nonikhanna
April 26 2014, 11:05PM

I would take Toews over Kessel. Toews plays a more important position, is a proven captain and clutch performer. One of the best 2-way players in the world. I would do this deal in a heartbeat.

#6 TGT23
April 26 2014, 11:31PM

Obviously everyone should take Toews. Kessel may be a better "game breaker" but Toews is so much more consistent. You don't see Toews disappear for the entire last month of the season.

#7 a lg dubl dubl
April 27 2014, 10:30AM

So hows that Kessel trade working out for the Leafs so far? Seguin and Hamilton sure would help I bet...

#8 Wetcoaster
April 27 2014, 01:58PM

I think Steve's support is actually playoff poison.

Look at San Jose and Columbus. I bet that's what happened in the 2011 playoffs. Steve spent 3 rounds rooting against the Canucks, but switched teams when they were against the Bruins, and we know how that turned out...

#9 Gardiner-Reilly
April 27 2014, 06:01PM

@a lg dubl dubl

No, not really. Having Seguin and Hamilton would help with nothing. Hamilton is having a lucky rookie season topped off with playing with one of the best d-men in the league, Chara. And even at that, Hamilton has not had that great of a season. At 20 each, Reilly is clearly the better defense man and will be for the rest of his career (not to be harsh on Hamilton, I am sure he will be a good defense man). Not to mention that the Leafs already have Gardiner as well, Hamilton wouldn't add anything new to a flawed Leafs d-man group.

As for Seguin, his off ice issues are why Boston traded him and now plays with, in my mind, one of the better players in the league; Jamie Benn. The main reason I wouldn't have him on the Leafs though is because his off ice issues would detract from a Leafs team with very little leadership on and off the ice.

Overall I feel that Seguin and Hamilton instead of Kessel really wouldn't help the Leafs. Seguin's numbers would most likely take a plunge without Benn. Even if Seguin did somehow maintain his current numbers, it wouldn't help with the Leafs' fundamental problem; defense.