September 04 2013 06:41AM
August 26 2013 08:06AM
August 22 2013 08:54AM
Name: Tony Cameranesi
Hometown: Maple Grove, Minnesota
Size: 5'10", 180lb
2013 Team: University of Minnesota-Duluth (WCHA)
Acquired: Draft - 5th round, 2011
Plain and simple, I don't think Tony Cameranesi has gotten the attention he deserves. As a 5th round pick from two years ago, it's understandable that the Minnesota high school product took a backseat to more high profile prospects in the Leafs system. Still, Cameranesi followed up a strong rookie season with Waterloo of the USHL with an equally, if not stronger rookie season with Minnesota-Duluth in the NCAA.
August 18 2013 04:29PM
So close. These guys all found their way on to somebody's Top Twenty list, but didn't receive enough votes from the Leafs Nation staff in order to get their own special profile in our upcoming countdown. It's not all bad news, however… As these guys received at least some recognition, they are now ineligible to rank anywhere in next month's TLN Worst Leafs Prospect special.
August 16 2013 07:51PM
It's Summer, and that means that The Leafs Nation Staff is completely clueless as to what we should write about. Bozak isn't very good, Bernier wasn't necessary, Nonis is the Demon Prince of Poor Sports Management... We've covered it all, and now we're sad and lethargic and out of ideas.
Naturally, that makes it as good a time as any to talk prospects, and the entire TLN staff has cast their votes for our very first (and possibly last) TLN Top 20 Leafs Prospects feature.
- Cam Charron, Steve Dangle, Ryan Fancey, Jon Steitzer, Jeffrey Veillette, Emily G, special guest Mark Edwards of HockeyProspect.com, and Justin Fisher (yours truly) have all cast votes for their top twenty Leafs prospects.
- We didn't define what a 'prospect' is. We considered age, skill, professional experience, and referred to our common senses. Amazingly, we were all pretty much on the same page.
- Each writer defined their own criteria for their rankings. We considered age, skill, experience, potential, and the likelihood of reaching that potential... and referred to our common senses.
- We'll be kicking off this feature on Sunday with an 'Honourable Mentions' piece, then post one new player every weekday until we crown our top youngster in a month's time. Don't worry, it won't be me all month - you'll be getting prospect profiles from pretty much the entire team here.
- Our list is bang-on, and no matter what else you read on any other site on the internet, we're right and we'll always be right. Na na na boo boo, stick your head in doo doo.
See you Sunday!