Source: The Leafs Should Trade for the 1st Overall Pick #mycolumn:

View image | gettyimages.com By winning the draft lottery and adding Connor McDavid to a group that already includes 1st overall picks Taylor Hall, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins and Nail Yakupov, and 2014 3rd overall pick Leon Draisatl, 2013 7th overall pick Darnell Nurse, and Jordan Eberle, the Edmonton Oilers really put the “Embarrassment” in “Embarrassment of…

8

Rob Ford wants Iron Mike to be next Maple Leafs head coach

Photo Credit: Kevin Hoffman/USA TODAY Sports Rob Ford is a Millionaire, a city councillor, an occasional radio host, the former mayor of Toronto, a football coach, a crack smoker, and a Hockey Hall of Fame board member. So it’s fair to say that he brings, uh, let’s call it a ‘unique perspective’ on topics big and small.  From gravy railways to cunilingus to…

Marlies Sign Justin Nichols to an ATO

View image | gettyimages.com Marlies have added former OHL goalie Justin Nichols on an ATO. Played past two seasons with the Guelph Storm — Kyle Cicerella (@KyleTheReporter) April 21, 2015 The Marlies have made yet another ATO signing, this time Justin Nichols, goaltender for the Guelph Storm. These signings are wonderful because it means the…

13

Monday Mailbag: Marlie Madness

The Leafs are out of hockey games to lose. They didn’t end up with the promised child, Connor McDavid. Unsurprisingly, the topics here have changed a little bit. The focus has shifted to the organizational players that are still playing, and typically that involves the surging Toronto Marlies. Here’s four questions you had about the…

14

TLN Player Power Rankings: Draft Lottery Edition

In case you missed it, the Leafs will not be drafting first overall thanks to the rigidly held tradition that the Oilers must pick first overall. While there was a 9.5% chance at happiness, there was an even greater chance at sadness (depending on your allegiances as high as 90.5%). We can take comfort in…

McLellan let go by Sharks, could be an option for the Leafs

View image | gettyimages.com This summer has the potential to be one of the busiest in recent years for a lot of NHL clubs, as it’s been forecast to include a deep draft and an abundance of options for coaching and management positions in need of filling. After a few teams got things started with personnel…

3

Marlies win seventh consecutive game, finish seventh in West

The meteoric rise of the Toronto Marlies over the past few months has been a fun story to follow along with, but these last few weeks in particular have been nuts. All of the heavy artillery players seem to be hitting the net with total precision. Points have been gained where they shouldn’t be and…

1

Marlies win 3-1 over Rockford, continue win streak

A playoff spot is clinched, which means there’s nothing for the Toronto Marlies to play for, right? Wrong! Going into tonight, the team had wiggle room to climb as high as an additional two spots in the Western Conference standings, depending on how Chicago, Oklahoma City and Texas did. Oh, and themselves, because they had a…

Edmonton Oilers Win the Draft Lottery, Leafs Will Pick 4th

View image | gettyimages.com Nine-point-five percent just couldn’t cut it. The Edmonton Oilers have won the NHL Draft Lottery (ugh) and the opportunity to draft the crazy-talented Connor McDavid (this is ridiculous). Toronto, on the other hand, will retain the fourth overall pick. Don’t sweat it too much, though – the Leafs will still be landing a…

Marlies sign Matt Rupert to ATO and Contract

View image | gettyimages.com Ryan Rupert has been one of the Toronto Marlies’ most pleasant surprises this year, producing at a point per game clip in his rookie AHL season while displaying an excellent two way game and showing exceptional positional awareness. Whether he develops into an NHL player remains to be seen, but for…