Welcome to “2 Guys and a Goalie,” starring Dustin Nielson, Joaquin Gage, and Matt Kassian and presented by Odds Shark, Popeye’s Louisiana Chicken, and Sports Clips Haircuts. The show focuses on stories, notes, transactions, and everything else happening all around the NHL and the world of hockey.
For Episode 6, Kass is away, but Dusty and Gager are joined by former Oiler Shawn Belle! They discuss the Toronto Maple Leafs opening game, the decision to name John Tavares team captain, Mike Babcock choosing to healthy scratch Jason Spezza against his former team, the Ottawa Senators, and what the future might be for Babcock in Toronto.
First, they discuss the Edmonton Oilers’ win over the Vancouver Canucks, and how the Adam Larsson injury is going to effect the blueline in Edmonton.
Odds Shark’s Kris Abbott calls in to give his take on the NHL Best Bet of the Week, and some other NHL gambling advice.
They dive into the Popeyes Poll Question: Which Goalie Would You Want in a Winner Take All Game?
- Carey Price
- Andrei Vasilevsky
- Marc-Andre Fleury
- Sergei Bobrovsky
Dusty hits Gager and Belle with this week’s Keep it or Clip It:
- Brady Tkachuk will be better than Matthew Tkachuk.
- The Winnipeg Jets will miss the playoffs.
- Mike Babcock will NOT be the Head Coach of the Maple Leafs next season.
- Leon Draisaitl will score 50 goals this season.
- The Calgary Flames are more likely to miss the playoffs than win the division again.
- The Canucks significantly improved their team in the offseason.
- The Montreal Canadiens will make the playoffs.
- The Detroit Red Wings are heading in the right direction.
Check out today’s episode below:
Watch 2 Guys and a Goalie every Monday and Thursday on FacebookLive starting at 2pm EST.
And make sure to tune in live and comment during the show and have the guys read your questions!