Welcome to “2 Guys and a Goalie,” starring Dustin Nielson, Joaquin Gage, and Matt Kassian and presented by Odds Shark, Popeye’s Louisiana Chicken, and Sports Clips Haircuts. The show focuses on stories, notes, transactions, and everything else happening all around the NHL and the world of hockey.
The boys start things off discussing the Colorado Avalanche and the injury to Mikko Rantanen and how it will effect their season. They chat about the Washington Capitals and John Carlson and the hot start to the season, and Alex Ovechkin’s pursuit for Wayne Gretzky’s all-time goal-scoring record.
Chris Abbott calls in to talking some betting trends around the NHL.
Martin Biron calls in to relive some memories with Gager about Rochester and making the transition from the AHL to the NHL and the hot start for the Buffalo Sabres so far this season.
They tackle another Popeye’s Poll Question: Which NHL rookie has impressed you the most so far?
- Victor Olofsson
- Cody Glass
- Quinn Hughes
- Cale Makar
And another Clip It or Keep It:
- Outside of Carey Price, Max Domi is the most important player on the Montreal Canadiens.
- The Toronto Maple Leafs aren’t a Stanley Cup contender.
- Splitting up Connor McDavid and Leon Draisaitl long-term will be what’s best for the Edmonton Oilers.
- Kass would be the best (out of the podcast crew) on the show Survivor.
- The Vancouver Canucks will end up with the most points in Western Canada.
- Deep dish pizza is overrated.
- Patrik Laine should be locked in w/ Mark Scheilfle and Blake Wheeler on the Winnipeg Jets top line.
- The Ottawa Senators will finish with more points than the Detroit Red Wings
Catch Today’s Episode Below!
Watch 2 Guys and a Goalie every Monday and Thursday on Facebook Live starting at 2pm EST.
And make sure to tune in live and comment during the show and have the guys read your questions!