Welcome to “2 Guys and a Goalie,” starring Dustin Nielson, Joaquin Gage, and Matt Kassian and presented by Odds Shark, Popeye’s Louisiana Chicken, and Sports Clips Haircuts. The show focuses on stories, notes, transactions, and everything else happening all around the NHL and the world of hockey.
They discuss the struggles of the Toronto Maple Leafs and whether Mike Babcock or Kyle Dubas are to blame for the flaws with the team. Does the team miss Nazim Kadri and if Tyson Barrie is a good fit.
Then they give their takes on the third period collapse by the Edmonton Oilers against the Dallas Stars on the weekend, and they debate who should win the Hart Trophy between Connor McDavid and Leon Draisaitl.
Then they discuss the Calgary Flames and whether they can turn their season around and Gager and Kass tell some of their goalie fights.
Jamie McLennan from TSN then calls in to tell the story the suspension he took at the end of his career, and what he thinks is going wrong for the Maple Leafs.
They get into the Popeyes Poll Question: Which Canadian team currently in a playoff spot is likely to miss?
- Montreal Canadiens
- Winnipeg Jets
- Vancouver Canucks
Keep It or Clip It:
- Kyle Dubas will be the Leafs GM for the next five years.
- Claude Julien is a better coach than Mike Babcock.
- Dave Tippett would win the Jack Adams if the season ended today.
- The Flames will miss the playoffs.
- Mickey Mouse is the most iconic cartoon character of all time.
- Fried chicken is the best kind of chicken.
- You feel more effective when you wear a tie.
- The Jets should trade for Tyson Barrie.
Watch Today’s Episode Below!
Watch 2 Guys and a Goalie every Monday and Thursday on Facebook Live starting at 2pm EST.
And make sure to tune in live and comment during the show and have the guys read your questions!