Welcome to “2 Guys and a Goalie,” starring Dustin Nielson, Joaquin Gage, and Matt Kassian and presented by Odds Shark, Popeye’s Louisiana Chicken, and Sport Clips Haircuts. The show focuses on stories, notes, transactions, and everything else happening all around the NHL and the world of hockey.
The boys start things off chatting about the Vancouver Canucks four goal collapse in the third period against the Columbus Blue Jackets, and discuss the incredible season for Quinn Hughes.
Dusty reads some podcast review questions, and they then discuss Leon Draisaitl’s incredible season and being named the NHL’s Player of the Month for February. They also chat about the recent injuries that are effecting the Oilers’ lineup and who should get the majority of the starts for the Oilers down the stretch: Mikko Koskinen or Mike Smith.
Belle and Kass give their experience on being moved on trade deadline day.
Popeyes Poll Question: Will Draisaitl hit 50 goals?
Dusty then hosts another edition of Family Feud: “Top 5 NHL goaltender win leaders this season” and “Top 5 NHL goaltender loss leaders this season.”
Keep It or Clip It:
- Ryan Miller should’ve had Sidney Crosby’s Golden Goal.
- Ryan Nugent-Hopkins would get 90 points playing with Draisaitl for a full season.
- Mikael Backlund is one of the best players in the NHL.
- If the Winnipeg Jets miss the playoffs they get a pass because of the Dustin Byfuglien situation.
- Henrik Lundqvist won’t be a Ranger next season.
- A soul patch is the worst type of facial hair.
- Eating Hawkins Cheezies with chopsticks is a brilliant idea.
Watch Today’s Episode Below!
Watch 2 Guys and a Goalie every Monday and Thursday on Facebook Live starting at 2pm EST.
And make sure to tune in live and comment during the show and have the guys read your questions!