Welcome to “2 Guys and a Goalie,” starring Dustin Nielson, Joaquin Gage, and Matt Kassian and presented by Odds Shark, Popeye’s Louisiana Chicken, and Sport Clips Haircuts. The show focuses on stories, notes, transactions, and everything else happening all around the NHL and the world of hockey.
Gager is away again, but Tom Gazzola is back to fill the crease!
They get things started by discussing the Pacific division: The Calgary Flames come back late in the third to beat the Columbus Blue Jackets. Are the Edmonton Oilers sitting pretty? Are the Vancouver Canucks in danger of falling out of the playoffs?
Popeyes Poll Question: Who Will Win the Rocket Richard Trophy?
- Auston Matthews
- David Pastrnak
- Alex Ovechkin
Scott Hastings from Odds Shark calls in to give Leon Draisaitl’s odds to win the Hart Trophy, who his favourite is to win the Campbell Trophy, why the Oilers are underdogs against the Chicago Blackhawks tonight.
Dusty then hosts the first edition of “2 Guys Super Trivia.”
Keep It or Clip It:
- Growing moustaches like Auston Matthews will push the Toronto Maple Leafs to the next level.
- It is totally acceptable to wear a cage in men’s league.
- A Pittsburgh Penguins/Philadelphia Flyers series would be better than a Penguins/Washington Capitals one.
- Connor Hellebuyck should be getting some Hart Trophy votes.
- In 30 years, all NHL players will be wearing cages.
- If you’re starting a team today, and you can only draft players from Canadian teams, Quinn Hughes is a top 5 pick.
- Leading scorers on NHL teams should wear a golden helmet like overseas.
- Wearing a smoked visor is a worse look than wearing a cage.
Watch Today’s Episode Below!
Watch 2 Guys and a Goalie every Monday and Thursday on Facebook Live starting at 2pm EST.
And make sure to tune in live and comment during the show and have the guys read your questions!