The Marlies schedule was released early this afternoon. Let’s dive into what their season will look like this time around.
The first major change is the length. The AHL was able to have a 72 game season across the board, up from the 35 games played last time around. Also with restrictions lifting and travel being easier the league has moved back to its divisional model. This means the Marlies move into to the North division facing off against the Syracuse Crunch, the Cleveland Monsters, the Utica Comets, and the Rochester Americans once again. The Marlies will also be facing off against all four Canadian AHL teams throughout their season. This means that for the first time in their history they will be playing a team in the pacific division, the Abbotsford Canucks.
Their season starts at home on Saturday October 16th with their first back to back of the season versus the Manitoba Moose. They end their season on April 24th at home against the Belleville Senators.
The Toronto Marlies are set to play their Boxing Day game at Scotiabank Arena against Belleville with a 3:00pm puck drop!
Some fun schedule notes from the Marlies Press Release include:
- Longest home stand: Four games – October 16 to 24, March 17 to 23, April 6 to 16
- Longest road stretch: Eight games – January 15 to February 3
- Busiest month: March – 13 games (seven home, six road)
- Busiest home months: March – seven games
- Busiest road months: January – nine games
- Busiest day of the week: Saturday – 24 games (12 home, 12 road)