Welcome to “2 Guys and a Goalie,” starring Dustin Nielson, Joaquin Gage, and Matt Kassian and presented by Odds Shark, Popeye’s Louisiana Chicken, and Sports Clips Haircuts. The show focuses on stories, notes, transactions, and everything else happening all around the NHL and the world of hockey.
Kass starts the show off telling some fight stories from his NHL days.
They give their thoughts on the Mike Babcock firing, what it means for the Toronto Maple Leafs, and if Sheldon Keefe can turn the team around. Dusty reads out the Mike Commodore tweets and Kass and Gager discuss how far dislike of head coaches can go for players.
Scott Hastings from Odds Shark calls in to give his thoughts on the Babcock firing and what the odds are for where he’ll end up coaching next, and other betting trends around the NHL.
They give their thoughts on the Garnet Hathaway 3-game suspension for spitting on Erik Gudbranson.
They get into the Popeyes Poll Questions: Who Will Be the Next Head Coach Fired?
- Bruce Boudreau
- John Hynes
- Bill Peters
Keep It or Clip It:
- Shea Weber can sustain his current 63-point pace for the Montreal Canadiens.
- Sheldon Keefe will get the Leafs into the playoffs without any other big roster moves.
- The Oilers need one more top-6 forward to be considered a true Cup contender.
- Peanut butter is the best spread to put on a sandwich.
- It’s on Johnny Gaudreau to get the Calgary Flames back on track.
- Dustin Byfuglien will never play another game for the Winnipeg Jets.
- Craig MacTavish will really enjoy the holidays with Dusty (in Switzerland).
- Licking is just as gross as spitting.
Watch Today’s Episode Below!
Watch 2 Guys and a Goalie every Monday and Thursday on Facebook Live starting at Noon MST.
And make sure to tune in live and comment during the show and have the guys read your questions!